January 12, 2018demo cryptocurrency tezos michelson blockchain smart contracts applications oracles golang react web
In the previous article, I described a system of smart contracts and servers that lets us provide insurance policies to users, and automatically evaluate and resolve them. I’ve worked with my colleagues to make the system more user friendly and we are proud to present an interactive demo. It’s a web application that lets people purchase an insurance policy easily, without any technical knowledge.
You can see the demo in action in these gifs:
You can try it for yourself too!
To use it, follow these steps:
- use the latest version of Chrome
- go to the demo website
- use the link to install the TezBox extension
- create an account (instructions below)
- after creating an account, follow the instructions on the website
After you install TezBox, you’ll have to create an account, here’s how:
- click the TezBox extension icon (next to the address bar)
- choose a password (this is just the alphanet, so you don’t need to worry about losing it, you can always create a new account with play money)
- it can take a few seconds to create your account
- you should now have a new account with 100,000 tez
TezBox walletbox on the website doesn’t show your balance, click
Refreshor refresh the page
Here’s a gif to help you with the first time setup:
That’s it. No hassle, no paperwork.
Note that this is still a work in progress and components of the system may be unavailable occasionally. If it doesn’t work, try again later.
Details & credits
TezBox is very similar to Metamask in the Ethereum ecosystem. A nice video that explains Metamask can be seen here. The eztz library provides functions to interact with Tezos nodes over their RPC API. Both TezBox and eztz are developed by Stephen Andrews.
TezBox has been updated and modified by Richard and Ondřej to work with our demo.
More resources about Tezos
If you are interested in the Tezos platform, you can find more resources at tezos.help, the official developer resources, or the Tezos git repo. The community is mainly centered around the matrix chat room, tezos.community and reddit. The developer chat room on matrix is here.